Residents in the 2300 postcode can boast having the biggest pay packets in the Hunter.
New figures from the Australian Tax Office reveal those living in Newcastle, Newcastle East, Cooks Hill, Bar Beach and The Hill have an average annual salary of $78,733.
The Junction and Merewether are a close second, where residents in the 2291 postcode are earning $75,806.
At the other end of the scale, Windale has the Hunter's lowest incomes at $38,346.
Shortland also has some of the lowest pay packets in the Hunter ($43,001), however residents enjoyed the highest growth in wages - up seven per cent from 2013/14 to 2014/15.
Highest average income for 2014/15
1. 2300 (Newcastle, Newcastle East, Cooks Hill, Bar Beach, The Hill) - $78,733
2. 2291 (The Junction, Merewether, Merewether Heights) - $75,806
3. 2330 (Mount Thorley, Warkworth, Ravensworth, Whittingham, Putty, Redbournberry) - $68,274
4. 2305 (New Lambton Heights, New Lambton, Kotara East - $63,427
5. 2303 (Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton South, Hamilton East) - $62,862
Lowest average income for 2014/15
1. 2306 (Windale) - $38,346
2. 2311 (Gresford, East Gresford, Lostock) - $42,039
3. 2307 (Shortland) - $43,001
4. 2319 (Mallabula, Tanilba Bay, Tilligerry Creek, Lemon Tree Passage) - $46,197
5. 2327 (Kurri Kurri, Pelaw Main, Stanford Merthyr) - $46,636
See how your suburb fares here.