A new report has revealed the Hunter suburbs doing the most exercise and those doing the least.
According to the latest data from Australia Health Tracker, 53 per cent of Merewether, Cooks Hill, The Junction and Newcastle residents do little or no physical activity.
That compares to the national average of 66 per cent.
Kurri Kurri and Abermain are at the other end of the scale, where 75 per cent of adults are doing barely any exercise.
The Hunter's Fittest:
1. Merewether, Cooks Hill, The Junction and Newcastle - 53.6%
2. Valentine, Eleebana - 57.4%
3. Hamilton, Broadmeadow - 59.6%
The Hunter's Laziest:
1. Kurri Kurri, Abermain - 75.3%
2. Dungog - 73.7%
3. Lemon Tree Passage, Tanilba Bay - 73.5%
(adults aged 18 or over who did no or very little physical activity)