The state government's announced a major boost to bus services in the Hunter ahead of next week's budget.
170 brand new buses are being purchased across NSW, with several heading the Hunter's way.
134 existing buses will be replaced, while there'll be an additional 42 new buses.
As a result there'll be more than 100 extra weekly services on some of the Hunter's busiest routes:
- Route 130 Fingal Bay to Newcastle via Nelson Bay and Anna Bay
- Route 166 Cessnock and Kurri Kurri to Stockland Green Hills via Maitland
- Route 179 North Rothbury to Stockland Green Hills via Maitland
- Route 262 Cameron Park to Charlestown via Cardiff
- Route 269 Toronto to Charlestown
- Route 270 Toronto West to Wallsend via Stockland Glendale
- Route 275 Morisset to Toronto via Wangi Wangi