A young child playing with a lighter has caused a house fire in Perth, with the family dog a victim of the blaze.
It is thought that $250,000 worth of damage was caused to the property when the three-year-old boy set fire to the house.
The child and his parents were treated in hospital for smoke inhalation, however the pet German shepherd was killed.
According to Nine News, the child is believed to have accidentally set the couch on fire.
The family struggled to get out of the front door, and instead had to break through the backdoor.
They managed to save one of their pet dogs.