Woolworths has apologised for an unfortunate mix-up that saw Scooby Snacks branded dog biscuits accidentally wind up in the human biscuit aisle of a Sydney store.
While customers have reportedly not shown any signs of canine-like behaviour, customer Tania Toomey revealed on Facebook her children had inadvertently eaten the pet food.
"On closer inspection they are DOG treats. It does say that it is pet food only — human friendly but not recommended! BE CAREFUL the store is much disorganised,” she wrote.
A Woolworths spokesperson confirmed the unfortunate mix-up to Triple M, explaining head office have contacted all stores to make sure the biscuits are correctly sent to the dog house – or should we say – the pet food aisle.
“Woolworths can confirm that a single packet of Scooby Snacks dog biscuits was accidentally placed in the biscuit aisle at the Woolworths North Strathfield store last week and subsequently purchased by a customer,” they said.
“We can confirm that the product is stocked as intended in the pet food aisle in the stores where it’s sold, with the product marked as ‘Pet Food Only’.
“Store teams have had further communication this week to ensure that no packets are mistakenly placed in the wrong aisle.”