Seven people have been arrested and six addresses raided in London, Birmingham and elsewhere in the UK in connection with the London terror attack, the Met’s senior anti-terror officer Mark Rowley says.
Rowley said police raided six addresses in connection with Wednesday’s attack by a knife-wielding man who also mowed down pedestrians with an SUV.
“We have searched six addresses and made seven arrests. The inquiries in Birmingham and other parts of the country are continuing,” he told reporters outside London’s police headquarters.
Rowley refused to identify the attackers.
He also revised the death toll down from five to four — the attacker, PC Keith Palmer, who he stabbed, and a woman in her mid 40s and a man in his mid 50s, who were mown down as the terrorist sped across Westminster Bridge in his car.
He said 29 people had been treated in hospital with seven people in a critical condition.
At the scene of one of the police raids, a flat in Hagley Road, Birmingham, one witness told the Press Association: “The man from London lived here.”
Rowley said it was still his belief the attacker worked alone and was inspired by “international terrorism”, adding that there was no specific information to suggest any further threat to the public.